Friday, October 4, 2013

Memorandum

Clams live in a depth range of (130-459.3) feet. They are only found in the South Pacific Ocean. This trip will take about seven days of saling and the breeding cycle takes place at night which lasts about 4 to 6 hours. To start my study of clams, I am going to need a boat as a base to get me from one point to another. I will need an oxygen tank to hold up to 4-6 hours of breathing time underwater. Since clams breed at night i am going to need night vision goggles, a light to see my way around, and an underwater camera to help collect data when I get back to my boat. On the boat I am going to need a place where I collect data,a room for extra equiptment such as oxygen tanks and wet suits, and last a place to keep food and drinks since the trip is for seven days. Saftey equiptment will also be included. There should be atleast one life boat to escape in case of an emergency, a few life jackets, and a rope. Once everything is ready and I have all the materials to survive, I will be ready to explore and study the breeding of clams in the South Pacific Ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment